The two bridges are identical and measure 6.25” x 3.25” x 0.75” and each weigh 4.6 ounces. On the top of each bridge is a Sling Media logo while the front has the Sling ‘N” logo with three labeled indicator lights which identify Power, Powerline Link and Ethernet Activity. At the rear of each SlingLink Turbo is a LAN and AC Power. Sling Media (a subsidiary of DISH Network) has announced the availability of its SlingStudio multi-camera production and live video broadcasting system in-store and online at B&H Photo Video, as.
- Drivers Sling Media Sound Cards & Media Devices Online
- Drivers Sling Media Sound Cards & Media Devices -
- Drivers Sling Media Sound Cards & Media Devices Free
- Drivers Sling Media Sound Cards & Media Devices Download
- IR blasters are built into the box's body.
- Beautiful 1080p video streaming.
- Finally works over Wi-Fi.
- At close to $300, it's fairly expensive.
- Smartphone- and tablet-viewing apps cost extra.
- IR blasters are built into the box's body
- Beautiful 1080p video streaming
- Finally works over Wi-Fi
- Includes plenty of cables in the box, including both HDMI and component video
- Simplified setup
- Slick design
- Streams video from your TV or DVR (or any analog source) to your PC, tablet, smartphone, and some streaming boxes at resolutions up to full 1080p HD
Editors Didn't Like
- At close to $300, it's fairly expensive
- Smartphone- and tablet-viewing apps cost extra
- It duplicates some of the features found on TV anywhere apps you may already be using
- As always, streaming capabilities are only as good as your home bandwidth
- SlingPlayer mobile apps all cost extra
- Ties up the television to which the Slingbox is attached to
- HDMI port is mostly useless thanks to encryption issues
- Sluggish channel changes
- Favorite channels don't sync between mobile and desktop
- Several features not available at launch
Sling Media Slingbox 500 pricing
|Current||$699||Aug 31, 2020|
|Highest*||$699||Aug 31, 2020|
|Lowest*||$699||Aug 31, 2020|
Learn more here.
Direct Competitors and Related Products
Expert reviews and ratingsBy Macworld on 80
Owners of Sling Media's top-of-the-line Slingbox 500 can now use their place-shifting set-top box to enjoy media from their smartphone on their HDTV. Sling Media activated the new feature, called SlingSync, via a firmware update to the Slingbox 500...By soundandvision.com on 73
As noted, Slingbox works with the SlingPlayer app, available through a number of devices. At press time, Netgear's NeoTV, Sony's Internet Player with Google TV, and the WD TV Live streaming media servers (among others) support the SlingPlayer app, which...By TechReviewSource on 80
The Slingbox 500 is a streaming media device that streams video from your TV or DVR to your PC, smartphone or tablet at full 1080p HD resolution. It does this all without any monthly fees and without the need for annoying external IR blasters. One...By CNET Australia on 80
While you'll pay a premium for its extra features, the Slingbox 500 is an excellent way to watch your TV or DVR video content...By cnet on 80
While you'll pay a premium for its extra features, the Slingbox 500 is an excellent way to watch your TV or DVR video content...By Wired on 50
UPDATE, 12:00PM Friday, October 19: This review was changed to clarify the level of video quality over component cables, and the available streaming media types from a USB drive.When was the last time you watched live TV? Save for sports, most of us...By PC Mag on 80
The nicely updated Slingbox 500 remains the best way to watch cable TV channels and recorded content on the go from PCs and mobile devices, but the Slingbox concept is beginning to show its...By LaptopMag on 70
The Slingbox 500 lets you watch high-def TV on the go in 1080p and features integrated Wi-Fi, but certain features aren't yet fully...By CRN on
Sling Media has added features to its newest model -- the Slingbox 500 -- that make the device suitable for boardrooms, classrooms and other settings where some participants might be in a faraway place. Slingbox devices remotely control any cable or...By The Unwired on
Ever, since I got my first Slingbox Classic back in 2006 (right in time for the Football World Cup at that time), I was thrilled by Sling Media's easy-to-use place-shift technology which allowed to stream your linear home TV and recorded TV shows to a...
Drivers Sling Media Sound Cards & Media Devices OnlineBy The Unwired on
Sure, in today's world nearly everything is also available straight from the Internet. Most German broadcasters have live streams of their linear TV offers, including media centers for catch-up and there are even further alternatives like Zattoo which is...
Drivers Sling Media Sound Cards & Media Devices -By GottaBeMobile on
The Slingbox 500 is a small box that connects to your cable or satellite box and streams your full channel line-up to mobile apps on the iPhone, iPad and Android or a computer.Unlike online streaming services and cable apps, there is no limit to what...
Drivers Sling Media Sound Cards & Media Devices FreeBy GottaBeMobile on
Drivers Sling Media Sound Cards & Media Devices Download
I've had a love/hate relationship with Slingbox for some time. I love it when it works and, well, I hate it when it doesn't. The reason previous Slingbox models would not work for me have to do with HDMI, HDCP (High-Bandwidith Digital Copy Protection) or...By mashable.com on
How Do the New Slingboxes Stack Up in the Living Room? [REVIEW]Sling Media announced a long-needed refresh to its Slingbox line of devices Wednesday with the Slingbox 350 and the Slingbox 500.If you need a refresher, a Slingbox is a device that that...