|Fate||Acquired by Broadcom Inc.|
|Founded||1986; 35 years ago|
|Defunct||August 14, 2014; 6 years ago|
- Knights is a legal and professional services business with 930 professional advisors delivering high-quality services to over 18,000 clients across the UK.
- QSC Audio’s second generation of lightweight amplifiers, the PLX Series, was introduced at the 1998 NSCA show in Las Vegas. With a two-rackspace form factor that’s only 13 inches deep-five inches less than QSC’s original PowerLight (PL) Series of amps-the PLX Series will fit comfortably in any amp rack.
The Investor Relations website contains information about Reach PLC's business for stockholders, potential investors, and financial analysts.
PLX Technology was a manufacturer of integrated circuits focused on PCI Express and ethernet technologies. On August 12, 2014, Broadcom Inc. (formerly Avago Technologies), acquired the company.
Plx Network & Wireless Cards Drivers
The company was founded in 1986 by Mike Salameh.
On April 7, 1999, during the dot-com bubble, the company became a public company via an initial public offering.
By July 1999, shares were up 426% since the IPO price.
In July 2000, the company opened an office in Austin, Texas.
In May 2003, the company acquired HiNT for $12.7 million in cash and stock.
In May 2004, the company acquired NetChip Technology.
PLX Network & Wireless Cards Drivers
In August 2008, the company launched three PCIe switch devices with integrated direct memory access engines.
In October 2008, Ralph Schmitt was named president and CEO of the company, replacing co-founder Mike Salameh.
In January 2009, the company acquired Oxford Semiconductor for 5.6 million shares of PLX common stock, and a promissory note for $14.2 million.
In April 2009, the company released new PCIe switches.
In November 2009, the company completed a new design on 40nm process technology at TSMC.
In January 2010, the company shipped its one-millionth network attached storage device.
In September 2010, the company acquired Teranetics for $36 million.
In October 2011, the company sold its development centre in Abingdon-on-Thames, IP licences, and a 40-person team to OCZ.
In April 2012, Integrated Device Technology announced an agreement to acquire the company. However, in December 2012, the agreement was terminated after the Federal Trade Commission challenged the merger.
In September 2012, the company sold its 10GBASE-T assets to Aquantia Corporation.
On August 12, 2014, Broadcom Inc. acquired the company.
- ^'Claimsnet.com IPO Soars, Outshining Debut by PLX'. The Wall Street Journal. April 7, 1999.
- ^Tharp, Paul (July 2, 1999). 'DON'T BELIEVE THE FIRST-DAY IPO HYPE'. New York Post.
- ^'PLX Technology opens Austin office'. American City Business Journals. July 10, 2000.
- ^'PLX Technology and HiNT Corp. Sign Merger Agreement; Combined Company Will Provide Broad Range of PCI, PCI-X, and HyperTransport Interconnect Chips' (Press release). Business Wire. May 7, 2003.
- ^'PLX to buy HiNT in $15 million deal'. EE Times. May 7, 2003.
- ^'PLX Technology Announces Completion of NetChip Technology Acquisition; Provides Business Outlook for Combined Company; Conference Call Today at 6:00 a.m. PDT' (Press release). Business Wire. May 25, 2004.
- ^'PLX Launches Industry's First PCI Express Switches With Integrated DMA' (Press release). Business Wire. August 18, 2008.
- ^'PLX Technology names CEO'. American City Business Journals. October 27, 2008.
- ^McGrath, Dylan (October 27, 2008). 'Former Cypress exec to head PLX Tech'. EE Times.
- ^'PLX Technology completes acquisition of Oxford Semiconductor'. American City Business Journals. January 5, 2009.
- ^'PLX completes acquisition of Oxford Semi'. EE Times. January 5, 2009.
- ^'PLX Technology Closes Acquisition of Oxford Semiconductor' (Press release). Business Wire. January 5, 2009.
- ^'PLX Expands Leadership with New PCI Express Switch Configurations, Unique Features' (Press release). Business Wire. April 13, 2009.
- ^'PLX Technology Completes First Design on Advanced 40nm Process Technology' (Press release). Business Wire. November 2, 2009.
- ^'PLX Exceeds One Million NAS Units Shipped, Market Acceptance Validated' (Press release). Business Wire. January 20, 2010.
- ^Merritt, Rick (September 24, 2010). 'PLX acquires Teranetics in $36M deal'. EE Times.
- ^'PLX Technology to Acquire Teranetics, the Leading Supplier of 10 Gigabit Ethernet Silicon' (Press release). Business Wire. September 23, 2010.
- ^Mellor, Chris (October 6, 2011). 'OCZ buys PLX PCIe design smarts operation'. The Register.
- ^'IDT and PLX Technology Announce Termination of Proposed Transaction and IDT Withdraws Exchange Offer for PLX Technology Shares' (Press release). Integrated Device Technology. December 19, 2012.
- ^'Aquantia Acquires 10GBASE-T Assets From PLX Technology' (Press release). Aquantia Corporation. September 17, 2012.
- ^'Avago Technologies Limited Successfully Completes Tender Offer for Shares of PLX Technology, Inc. -- Acquisition to Close Today' (Press release). Globe Newswire. August 12, 2014.
PLX Technology is a supplier of PCI Express (PCIe) Bridges and Switches, and other standard input/output (I/O) interconnect silicon including PCI and PCI-X Bridges; USB controllers; I/O Accelerators; and HyperTransport Bridges for the communications, server, storage, embedded-control, and consumer industries.
Our Website: http://www.plxtech.com
Industry Communications and Networking Systems or Equipment, Computers and Peripherals, Consumer Electronics & Appliances, Semiconductor Design & Manufacturing